Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Photography - New Background Wallpaper

This is my blog. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Recently, I revamped it with a new look and the nifty bookshelf photo below was the wallpaper. That is, until I realized just how many other blogs True to Words resembled after the change.

Image by luoman.

So, inspired by the "template," I made my own background wallpaper. I went to my favorite place, the historical Ames Florida Stork House Museum and took some photos in the home's upstairs library. Below, you can see the full result.


Of course, I like my version better. :) The shelves may be warped and crooked and the worn bindings are not as "neat" as the generic books of the first photo. But these books actually mean something to me. Not only do I contribute towards their care by volunteering my time at the house, but my friends William Shakespeare, Washington Irving, Mark Twain, Homer and Aesop are on those shelves.

This was also my Thursday photo for my 365 project.

Sara Duane-Gladden is a freelance writer and photographer in the Twin Cities area of the great state of Minnesota.  

27 comments:

  1. Like the look. The art interspersed with the books are illuminating as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! It would seem that the author of this blog is truly extremely proficient in light of the fact that I never read such sort of composing. The method for composing and the method for utilizing right words on opportune place demonstrates some master aptitudes wallpaper ลายไทย

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post. cursos de fotografía

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!
    visit

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't want to waste time tweaking white balance, saturation, or hue, but want to make your pictures flashy, http://www.lightroomextras.com/ will make you the talk of your social networking feed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you very much for sharing these links. Will definitely check this out..
    images with qoutes

    ReplyDelete