Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Florida Vacation Inspired Haiku

Okay, so it has been nearly a month since my last post and I was the antithesis of a prolific blogger last month both personally and professionally. I did have a good excuse though: I was preparing for and then taking a vacation in sunny Fort Meyers Beach, Florida! Visiting a tropical location was a fantastic escape from the bitter cold we've been experiencing here in Minnesota. My trip inspired me to write some poetry, so here are some haiku for your amusement!

As we head southward,
watch the temperature rise:
Thirty to eighty.

You stay in your lane,
I'll be sure to stay in mine
and we'll both drive on.

Sun, sand, surf, and shells:
Signs one is on vacation.
Don't forget the rum!

Snow in The Cities,
I am in my bikini.
Florida, my friend.

Sitting on the beach,
moonlight shines on the ocean.
Waves lap at the shore.

Driving northward bound
the thermometer drops from
Eighty to zero.

Little silver car
always in the passing lane:
Move the hell over.

Soft bed, I missed you.
Allow me to count the ways:
1, 2, 3, Zzz, Zzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment