Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Photography - 1953 Dodge Coronet

Not long ago, I had the chance to photograph a stunning 56-year-old model. She was beautiful at whatever angle I shot and the sunny day just seemed to further accentuate her great figure. Nice gams, a solid rear-end, and great pair of headlights!

She appears to be a 1953 Dodge Coronet V-8 Wagon. I asked the owner for permission to take her picture when I saw her at the shop for two reasons. The first is I love old cars like this. I couldn't tell you anything about the mechanics of them, but they're fun to look at, listen to, and drive.

The second reason is I wanted to recreate one of my assignments from "back in the day" when I was taking photography classes. The portfolio I made out of my homework got destroyed, which made me sad. But now that I've picked up the hobby again, re-doing some of the work will be good practice.

When I did this in school, the pictures had to be in black and white. I didn't think it was fair to the candy apple red and chrome, so I only made one black and white. It does look good, though. See the full set of 1953 Dodge Coronet photos.

More Friday Photography: You can see Saint Anthony Falls at Barker & Hedges. Additionally, My Green Side has a Friday photography theme, too.

2 comments:

  1. May I ask a question? Who owns this car? I want to know how he/she maintains this car. It looks good as new! I also love the color; it's full of fierce and passion. And oh, BTW, I like your photos. You are very artistic when it comes to your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) This IS a gorgeous car! It's actually owned and maintained by a man who runs an auto body shop in Rockford, Minnesota. I'm sure that's why its in such pristine condition :)

    ReplyDelete