Friday, August 14, 2009

Photography Friday - Ferris Wheel Ride

I tabled for the Rockford Area Historical Society and the Ames Florida Stork House at the Wright County Fair in Minnesota earlier this week. Afterward, I explored the festivities. I've lived here for 5 years and have never been to the county fair.

The blue sky looks refreshing, but don't let it fool you. It was HOT. And humid. I even saw a camel - a CAMEL - throw a temper tantrum and lay down, refusing to give even one more kid a ride.

I kind of wish it had been a little more overcast like this black and white picture makes it look, then I probably would have stuck around longer. I feel like I got my fill of Wright County Fair, though, especially since tomorrow I will be attending the Fourth Annual Minnesota Garlic Festival at the McLeod County Fairgrounds. It was so much fun last year and now I'm better prepared for what I'm going to find there. I'm going to stock up on some of the extra yummy Minnesota gourmet garlic, that's for sure! Maybe even dare myself to try the garlic chip cookies. I still don't know about the garlic ice cream.

Can't get enough photo Friday? My Green Side has a Friday photography theme as well! Today there is a picture of a vehicle that uses no fossil fuels. There's a spot for my dogs, I'd totally drive it! Also, Barker & Hedges has Friday Photos, too. This week it is a history of the St. Paul State Capitol building along with some great photos. Being a University of Minnesota alumnus, I like the maroon and gold flower bed you can see in in front of the second photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment