Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Photography - Rockford Fire Engine No. 11

It has been a wet and dreary week in my neck of the woods. I haven't been able to get outside like I wanted, to take some pictures. But I was out and about last weekend at the Ames-Florida-Stork House's Children's Chore Day. And for the second time in a week, fire fighters were called to a place where I was taking pictures.

It's an old house, built in the 1860s. A little while into Children's Chore Day, some curious and alarming smells began to infiltrate it. They couldn't figure out if it was gas for the stove or sewer gas, so the house was emptied and emergency services were called.

From what I understand, once the fire fighters arrived, they were pretty sure it was sewer gas from a tub. But they wanted to keep people out of the house and stand guard until the gas company could get there to make sure.

I took the opportunity to snap some photos. Though my subjects are usually classic cars, I like taking pictures of unique vehicles. Fire engines are unique and how often do you get to walk right up to one in a non-emergency situation?

Take a look at the rest of this Flickr photo set to see more fire engine photos, pictures of a miniature firefighter, and activities children participated in on Children's Chore Day.

Want more photography? My Green Side has a Photo Friday segment, too! Also, please check out my new photography blog at Sam Can Shoot. All photography, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment