Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bad Ad Placement Example 1

Okay, this is just a quick note because I saw this newspaper article online and clicked to read. I was a little taken aback at first by the ad that appeared next to the headline, then I laughed. Then I thought about how other people might view this, and decided I should write a quick post. So, what's wrong with this picture?

The article, obviously, is about a man who committed a murder with a sledgehammer. The ad, as you can see, features a sledgehammer.

You couldn't tell it right away, but its an ad for The Campaign for Responsible Healthcare Reform, which is innocent enough. But long story short: This was placed badly.

I see this type of stuff happen all the time, so watch for future posts of badly placed advertisements!

EDIT: I suppose I should give a source for this! Sledgehammer murder article can be found at the Denver Post. Thank you, Denver Post, for making this blog entry possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment