This year, as last year, I resolve to...
• Write more blog posts - In 2009, I wrote 97 posts. In 2010, I wrote 108 posts. That is almost a 9% increase! For 2011, I am aiming to write at least 10% more for 119 posts!
• Increase post variety - I think I did this, delving more into ancient tongues and scientific studies of language than my first year. Now I think I want to also move towards discussing how language shapes our world in other ways.
• Blog more consistently - Most of the time, I was really good at being consistent, while there were periods when I was really bad about it. I have a good excuse, though: I got married! I'll do my best again this year, and if something time consuming comes up again, I'm going to try and be more pro-active about pre-posting.
• Revisit topics more often, like Bad Ad Placements and Language Barrier - I did revisit some topics this year, but I now find it a little odd that the specific two categories I mentioned last year didn't see any action. In 2011, am going to add at least one story to each!
• Write more reviews of music, movies, etc. - By doing two reviews last year (the awesome Donny Dirk's Zombie Den and the ill-fated, inappropriately named Taste of Minnesota), I doubled how many reviews I did in 2009. Four is what I'm aiming for this year, starting with the Winter Carnival Beer Dabbler Showcase on January 29.