Friday, March 27, 2009

Great Parks in Wright County

Great Parks in Wright County was the very first article I wrote for the Wright County Drummer. Before the research I wasn't aware there was such a variety of parks available there. Camping and swimming galore! And tramping through the woods to get pictures was a lot of fun.

It was the first time I really exposed myself to writing a story outside my typical environment behind a desk and with a book in my hand. It has set off a desire to escape indoors as often as possible, because the outside world fosters such creativity. Something about the fresh air, sunlight, and light breezes really cleans out your senses.

Re-posting this article right now is very appropriate, too. The weather gets more mild with each passing day. It reminds me of how nice it was outside when I was doing my, ahem, research (tramping through the woods). The first paragraph really says it all:
Though it is easy to get caught up in the fast pace of modern life, it is important to take a step back and relax – probably more often than many of us do. Add to this the fact that this is Minnesota, where cold temperatures, snow, and ice dominate the landscape for about half of each year. The result is that when summertime rolls around, Minnesotan’s tend to spend many warm days outside at parks, swimming at beaches, and tooling around 10,000 lakes in all manner of watercraft.

Continue reading Great Parks in Wright County.

No comments:

Post a Comment